Pharmacy Management System refers to the management of all the proper functionaries of the pharmacy store. These include systematic storage of data and proper organisation of all the medication use processes in the pharmacy. Stores all kinds of sale records and immediate stocks of things which need to be updated shortly. This system may be independently used or might be integrated with an inpatient hospital computer physician order entry system. The basic functionaries of a pharmacy management system include
- A user interface
- Data entry and retention place
- A strong security system that protects the privacy of the patients
These pharmacy management system software are often sold readymade or are provided by a drug wholesaler as a part of their services.
Purposes served by the pharmacy management system
- One of the important purposes served by this system is the proper management of the data. The day to day interactions with the patients are entered and stored carefully for future uses. Data is also stored that may further improve business strategies.
- Maintains a proper medicine stock, this is important for any pharmacy as it keeps the record of what needs to be updated
- Stores the contact details of suppliers and manufacturers of medicine. This information is vital so that it is known who sells what medicine and when further it is to be brought from them
- The pharmacy management system also keeps a record of medicines that are going to be nearly expired so that they can be returned on time
The pharmacy management system is further divided into
- Sales management
- Stock management
- Customer service management
- Warehouse management
- Medicine management
- Accounting management
Creating a pharmacy management system
The core steps to be followed for an error-free pharmacy management system are
- Be clear about the intentions, whether the pharmacy needs any particular management like inventory management or accounting management or an all-around system to manage the pharmacy
- It is important to listen to the users who shall manage this whole system. Talk to them about their needs and see that they do not encounter any problems while handling the system
- The right vendor is crucial when choosing the pharmacy management system. The right vendors will have the proper expertise and experience in the industry.
Features of the pharmacy management system
- The system is user friendly and does not feel very complicated while using it
- The pharmacy management system is known for its accuracy and safety as it involves the lives of patients
- Proper and error-free data entry facilities for the overall management of the pharmacy system
With the right pharmacy management system, it creates an error-free endeavour for both patients and sellers.